- Family businesses in Catalonia account for 88.3% of all private sector companies, contribute 69% of Gross Value Added (GVA) and generate 76% of private sector jobs.
- Family businesses provide more employment for the same level of sales than other companies. For every million in turnover, 9 jobs are maintained.
- The second generation has a greater presence, both in ownership and management.
- The average number of employees in a family business is 45.
- Around 5% of family businesses are a hundred years old.
- 80% of sales occur nationally.
- Exports represent 20% of sales. Europe is their principal international market.
- 74% of entrepreneurs believe that their family model is an element that boosts their competitiveness
of Catalan companies are family businesses
of Gross Value Added (GVA) contributed
of private sector jobs generated
For each million in turnover, 9 jobs
workers on average
companies a hundred years old
sales in the European market
of entrepreneurs believe that the family model boosts their competitiveness